Thinking About Increasing Your Web Traffic? Choose the Right Web Design.
Web design plays an important role in the success of your online presence. At
Darshan Technologies we employ a team of Graphic Designers and Web Design experts who together produce great designs.
The important factors that we take care of during the design process are:
Web Design Compliance: W3C compliant XHTML & CSS coding for the Website and a keen focus on Website Usability.
Web Design and Marketing: A good understanding of your online business model, your competitors and existing marketing concepts.
Web SEO: Designing Search Engine friendly / SEO friendly Websites in order to maintain high Search Engine Rankings.
Website Functionality: Efficient Content Management Systems (CMS) designed to your exact requirements.
Website Navigation: we ensure that our designs are user friendly making navigation and searching easy for website visitors.
eCommerce Web Design
If you are looking to sell your products and services online ,then an eCommerce website is what you need. Such a website makes it possible for you to accept payments online via major payment gateways like Google Checkout, Paypal, Axis Bank, ICICI, CC Avenue and others. An Administrative Panel known as the Commerce Manager is designed to enable the website owner to monitor and track sales.
Static and Dynamic Web Design
Depending on the nature of your web content we can design a website that is either Static or Dynamic. In a Static Website the web content does not change as frequently and can be changed by directly editing the source code of the website.
In a Dynamic Website the HTML content automatically varies depending on the request submitted to the web server while browsing the website.
We use various Design Tools in order to provide you with the most suitable designs for your website.
Web Site Design & Web Development
Darshan Technologies works on a whole host of features to provide a stunning and an interactive web site. The process of construction and completion of a web site can be categorised as:
1. Web Design
Our primary objective of a web site is to meet the requirements of the client. We design the websites to attract and then convert Internet users into customers, subscribers or in the case of charities, donators. The design of the web site is paramount in reassuring, educating and ultimately convincing the viewer that they have come to the right place, or that they have found what they are looking for. It is the responsibility of Darshan Technologies as a web design company and all our web designers, to produce a suitable website design that is attractive and doesn't deter people from exploring the web site. Our web designers use a variety of techniques, tools and software during the design of a web site. These may include any combination of the following:
- Hand Drawn designs - and conceptions are used to quickly produce layouts and visuals for the design.
- Adobe Photoshop - Can be used to produce mock-ups and 'Internet Ready graphics'.
- Adobe Illustrator - Is another tool for producing mock-ups, graphics and design elements.
- Adobe Flash - Can be used to produce animation, movement & interaction on a web site.
- Adobe Dreamweaver - Is used to construct the web site as it is being constructed for the Internet. Some designers even use Dreamweaver to help them with the design process of a web site.
- CSS - Cascading Style Sheets. CSS is used in conjunction with HTML to design and style the web site from a separate file. The use of CSS brings many advantages including advanced design features, lower file sizes and a universal styling document that updates the presentation and design of the site automatically from a single document.
2. Web Development
Once the design of the web site is in place, either as a mock-up or coded HTML skeleton, the web site then requires developing. Web Development can be as basic as constructing the design as a static web page in HTML, or it can be as complex as using the web design to develop a complex, Database driven dynamic web site. At Darshan Technologies Development is completed by a team of individuals who specialise in certain areas of web development. Web Developers or Web Designers can use any of the following to develop a web site to completion and the ongoing maintenance:
- HTML - Hypertext Markup Language is the basic language for presenting a website.
- XHTML - is the markup language with the same depth as HTML, but XHTML also conforms to XML syntax.
- XML - is a custom language for creating custom markup.
- RSS - Stands for 'Real Simple Syndication' and is a popular format for publishing frequently updated articles and stories like blogs.
- ASP.NET - Is the Windows Framework used for dynamic applications.
- PHP - Is a free (released under the PHP License) scripting language for constructing dynamic web sites.
- MySQL - Is a Open Source Database platform (available under terms of the GNU General Public License) and used in conjunction with PHP and other languages to store and retrieve data.
- Perl / CGI - is an aging scripting language that was developed originally for NASA in 1987.
- Actionscript - is a scripting language primarily used within and to integrate Flash.
Open Source and 3rd Party Web Design Software
Darshan Technologies also utilizes Open Source & 3rd party web design software. Open Source is essentially software that is developed by teams of people and is distributed for free on the internet. Open Source software covers a variety of web design applications including blogging software and e-commerce software. Darshan Technologies is familiar with the following applications:
- Wordpress - This is an Open Source blogging platform that requires at minimum, a basic understanding of HTML to install. Wordpress is updated frequently by its developers and is available worldwide to the public.
- Magento - This is an E-Commerce shopping cart application that literally has everything you need to be selling online.
- Paypal - Is one of the most popular and safe methods of sending and receiving money via the internet. Darshan Technologies has experience with integrating Paypal payment gateway.
- CC Avenue - Darshan Technologies is familiar with the integration of CC Avenue Payment Gateway for E-Commerce Websites in India
- ICICI - Darshan Technologies is familiar with the integration of ICICI Payment Gateway service to accept online payments for E-Commerce Websites
- Google Checkout - Google Checkout is Google's Payment Gateway to accept online payment. Darshan Technologies has the ability to integrate Google Checkout into static and e-commerce web sites.
Web Site Accessibility
When choosing a web design company one of the key considerations is accessibility and usability. At Darshan Technologies we focus on providing a consistently smooth and rich user experience on all Internet Browsers with substantial cross browser scripting and testing during the life cycle of the web development process.